Friday, October 12, 2007

October 4, 2007 - The Wedding Day

October 4, 2007 - The Wedding Day

The feeling is like you are floating in the air but carrying 10 people at your back at the same time. You don’t know where to go or what to do on the day of your wedding. Having that same feeling? Well it’s natural.

This is the exact feeling that I had during my wedding. It is maybe I don’t want my wedding to screw up or maybe I was thinking that my spouse-to-be might say “I do….. Not”. This is where the pressure starts. If you are starting to feel this, take a seat, take a deep breath and tell yourself that everything will be ok. Don’t worry if your spouse-to-be will say I do not, there are plenty of things in the church for you to make him realize that he loves you….. Just kidding. Anyway keep in mind that if you are on this stage that means he/she really loves you and ready to spend his/her entire life with you. With this kind of thinking, your body will start to relax before, during and after the wedding. And always keep in mind when you reach to this stage, THERE IS NO GOING BACK. Even if the world will end, even if you or your spouse die in vain there is no going back.

Luckily my spouse said “I do” in front of me. I was thinking I have to kick him in the balls before he says I do but then, look what the miracle brought me. I wasn’t sure what to do on that time if he says I am not ready but he is the one who proposed to me and said that he is prepared to have our own family. With this way of thinking everything went smoothly according to plan. As we signed our marriage contract, I felt at ease (Watch out, you are now my husband you can’t escape!).

At last we are officially declared as husband and wife and then, there goes our visitors. Before we were able to get to our destination for the reception, my husbands father went after us just in time. Then we went to the hotel on where the reception took place. I thought everything will be ok but I didn’t know the problem starts here. We had an arrangement that our reception will be on exactly 3 o’ clock since we didn’t know what time our wedding will end. Unfortunately we ended 30 minutes before the said time and the cater serviceman said that they are still preparing the food. As I can see through the eyes of my husband “I feel like hell here” something like that is what he will say if he can’t eat immediately. As far as I know, he didn’t eat his breakfast and lunch so he must be pretty starving during that time and I can always hear his tummy grumbling. 40 minutes after, the food was ready. Everyone was already in their place and ready to eat. Then off we go in preparing for our honeymoon.

1 comment:

wackygames.ph said...

Lol I like this section its funny at the same time truthful!